WPMTB.CO.ZA MIGRATES TO WPCYCLING.COM
The Western Province Mountain Biking Commission Website has joined with Western Province Road Racing to present under one Website: http://www.wpcycling.com
Please visit the new site for the latest information on the Western Province Mountain Bike Commission and up coming Events:
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE UPDATED SCHEDULE BELOW
The highlights from the SA National MTB Championships will be broadcast on SuperSport this week. The premier episode of these highlights was on Monday, 17 August 2015.
Please see full UPDATED schedule below:
The Subaru Cape Town/Novus Holdings 2015 WC MTB XCO Championships took place over the weekend at the Coetzenburg Race track in Stellenbosch on Saturday, 23 May 2015. Despite the wet weather, the event was a great success with a positive turnout and results.
We would like to thank Stellenbosch University, Stellenbosch Municipality and the South African Police Services for making WC MTB XCO Championships possible.
The official photographer for the Western Cape MTB XCO Championships was Wilhelm Sieberhagen. A selection of thumbnails of the images will be uploaded on his website. The high resolution images will be available for purchasing.
To view the results and images, please click on the respective link below:
WC MTB XCO Championships – Results
WC MTB XCO Championships – Images
The Western Cape MTB DHI Championships will be held this upcoming weekend, 31 May 2015 in Paarl.
If you have any queries, please contact Riaan Du Preez on +27 82 777 3605 email@example.com.
The Western Province Mountain Bike Commission (WPMTBC) will hold a special general meeting as follows:
Date: Tuesday, 14 October 2014
Location: Totius Primary School, Belville.
The formal procedure of the Special General Meeting will be as follows:
- The awarding of Regional Colours (Cape Metropole, Overberg and Winelands) and Provincial Colours for XCO and DHI;
- The selection of office bearers for the WPMTBC. The positions up for selection are as follows:
- Commission Secretary
- Downhill Representative
- x2 XCO Event Coordinators
- x2 DHI Event Coordinators
- Track Commissaire
- Race & Technical Commissaire
- Internet & Social Media Sponsorship
The constitution calls for the election of these office bearers at an Annual General Meeting within three months of the commencement of the financial year. This requirement is therefore only due to take action according to statute, between 01 March 2015 and 31 May 2015. As it is the end of the XCO and DHI season, the current committee members thought it would be appropriate to go through this process, considering it is the first active year of the WPMTBC. The process is open to all. Nominations can be brought forward at the Special General Meeting, where-after the approved nominations will be subjected to a vote. Please note that all is done on a volunteer basis, without volunteers to occupy the committee, provincial races would not be possible; neither would provincial colours.
Once duly formed, the newly constituted committee will continue the Special General Meeting with the following agenda items:
- Presentations on proposed venues for Western Province XCO and DHI races in 2015 and proposed venues for the South African National XCO and DHI Championships in 2015.
- A separate notice in this regard will be sent to the database and posted onto the website (http://wcmtb.co.za/)
- The meeting will commence with this item to enable those who are not committee members to exit early.
- Invoicing of events to be sanctioned by Cycling South Africa (CSA) in the Cape Metropole, Overberg and Winelands
- Sponsorships for 2015
- Confirmation of event dates for Western Province Series and National Championships in 2015
- Approval of financial statements
- Amendments to the constitution
- Follow up with Cycling South Africa (CSA) Indaba
- Age regulations according to UCI
- Race commissaires operating at Cycling South Africa sanctioned races
- Super Series
- Weekend of racing, including Olympic disciplines of MTB, Road, Track, BMX, Para and potentially DHI (not an Olympic discipline)
- The potential of the WPMTBC hosting such an event
Prize Giving will commence at 14h30 once all races are completed.