The notice for the WPMTBC Special General Meeting to be held on 14 October 2014 indicated that presentations would be called for on proposed venues for events.
All parties interested in hosting a Western Province Cup Series XCO and DHI race in 2015 or the South African National XCO or DHI Championships in 2015 are invited to present the following to the WPMTBC:
- The proposed event
- The venue to be utilised
- The course designer
- The marketing of the event
- The suitability of the course to stand up to UCI regulations and inspection
- The organisation and infrastructure available at the event
- Sponsorship to coincide with the event
- Marshals for the event
The WPMTBC will evaluate all proposals on the evening of 14 October 2014 and decide which will be elected to host one of the events on the 2015 Western Province Mountain Bike calendar.
To qualify for Western Cape MTB XCM Colours at the upcoming 7weekspoort MTB Challenge, the following parameters must be complied with:
- The cyclist must have a CSA license (a day license will not suffice);
- The cyclist must be a resident in the Western Cape.
The first three finishers in the following distances and age groups will qualify for Western Cape XCM Colours:
- 25km: Nippers, Sprogs & Sub-Juniors
- 45km: Youth, Juniors, Masters (Women),Grand Masters (Men) & Grand Masters (Women)
- 80km: Elite, Sub-Veteran (Men), Sub-Veteran (Women), Veteran (Men), Veteran (Women), Master (Men)
The awarding of the Western Cape MTB Colours will follow the main prize-giving at the 7weekspoort MTB Challenge.
The Western Province Mountain Bike Commission (WPMTBC) will hold a special general meeting as follows:
Date: Tuesday, 14 October 2014
Location: Totius Primary School, Belville.
The formal procedure of the Special General Meeting will be as follows:
- The awarding of Regional Colours (Cape Metropole, Overberg and Winelands) and Provincial Colours for XCO and DHI;
- The selection of office bearers for the WPMTBC. The positions up for selection are as follows:
- Commission Secretary
- Downhill Representative
- x2 XCO Event Coordinators
- x2 DHI Event Coordinators
- Track Commissaire
- Race & Technical Commissaire
- Internet & Social Media Sponsorship
The constitution calls for the election of these office bearers at an Annual General Meeting within three months of the commencement of the financial year. This requirement is therefore only due to take action according to statute, between 01 March 2015 and 31 May 2015. As it is the end of the XCO and DHI season, the current committee members thought it would be appropriate to go through this process, considering it is the first active year of the WPMTBC. The process is open to all. Nominations can be brought forward at the Special General Meeting, where-after the approved nominations will be subjected to a vote. Please note that all is done on a volunteer basis, without volunteers to occupy the committee, provincial races would not be possible; neither would provincial colours.
Once duly formed, the newly constituted committee will continue the Special General Meeting with the following agenda items:
- Presentations on proposed venues for Western Province XCO and DHI races in 2015 and proposed venues for the South African National XCO and DHI Championships in 2015.
- A separate notice in this regard will be sent to the database and posted onto the website (http://wcmtb.co.za/)
- The meeting will commence with this item to enable those who are not committee members to exit early.
- Invoicing of events to be sanctioned by Cycling South Africa (CSA) in the Cape Metropole, Overberg and Winelands
- Sponsorships for 2015
- Confirmation of event dates for Western Province Series and National Championships in 2015
- Approval of financial statements
- Amendments to the constitution
- Follow up with Cycling South Africa (CSA) Indaba
- Age regulations according to UCI
- Race commissaires operating at Cycling South Africa sanctioned races
- Super Series
- Weekend of racing, including Olympic disciplines of MTB, Road, Track, BMX, Para and potentially DHI (not an Olympic discipline)
- The potential of the WPMTBC hosting such an event
Don’t forget to register for the Western Cape MTB XCM Championships!
The Western Cape MTB XCM Championships hosted by the 7weekspoort MTB Challenge is taking place on Saturday, 4 October 2014.
Pre-entries: Online entries via the 7weekspoort MTB Challenge website
Registration: Friday, 3 October 2014 at Ladismith High school from 14h00 till 20h30 or Saturday, 4 October 2014 at Amalienstein Packing shed from 05h30 till 07h00.
Riders may be liable to pay a late-entry fee when registering after 26 September 2014.
Please note no rider under the age of 19 will be allowed to compete in the 80km race as per the CSA rules. All riders must enter the correct distance for their age category, otherwise they will not be taken into consideration for colours.
Children younger than eight years old MUST be accompanied by an adult for safety reasons, the organisers cannot take responsibility of the young children over that distance and terrain.
For further information please contact Fred Lingenfelder on 076 029 1796 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website www.7weekspoortmtb.co.za.